Hey, Cisco, the HSS blogging cat here…
About hurricane Irene…
Alright, you’ve been to the Red Cross site and have started making your preparations… Other things to think about…
- Is your boat/trailer secure to the ground?
- Have you backed up your data off your hard drive?
- Did you take pictures of your belongings/home for insurance purposes?
- Do you have your insurance form on your person along with a pocket knife and flashlight?
- Do you have spare clothes including sweats in a watertight bag?
- How much cash do you have?
- How are you going to save the stuff in your refrig?
- What about all those computer passwords you have?
- Is the boat/trailer secured into the ground?
- Is the propane tank on your grill full?
- Have you secured your firearms?
- Did you talk with your boss about possible telecommuting?
- Do you have any form of communication should land lines and cellular goes out?
- And then there are those bird feeders and bird baths…
- One can never have enough bungee cords and nylon cable ties…
- Did you stock up on essentials like wine and beer?
And so it goes… get ready…
Two cats prepped and blogging by the racks…
* Nat Decants: A thorough glossary from Natalie MacLean, noted wine writer, speaker, and judge.
* eRobertParker.com: “The Independent Consumer’s Guide to Fine Wines”
* GLOSSARY of Wine-Tasting Terminology (Version 1.4 – Jan. 1995): A thorough collection of definitions from Anthony Hawkins.