Remember the four questions we posed for Da Gizz?
- What is your Death Row wine?
- What region produces the best wine in your opinion?
- What is the best food and wine pairing you have ever had?
- What will the wine industry in your perspective look like in 10 years?
Well, here are his four answers…
- Death row would be the best wine I’ve ever had. Chateau Mouton Rothschild 1970 RC.
- I believe the state of Mendoza, Argentina is the best for all the right reasons.
- 1934 Chateau Lafite Rothschild & chocolate cake with an essense of violette.
- I have thought about this and believe there will be more “garageophiles”, and therefore more folks enjoying wine!
Hmmm… “Garageophiles”… Is Da Gizz wondering if we’ll see a boon in home wine making just as we saw a boon in home brewing back in the 80s? And if so, what does that foretell for the future cost of alcohol in general, and wine in particular? (Remember, “Sin Taxes” know no limits — right now, the average cost for a carton of cigarettes is between $50 and $100…)
Before we go… Keep an eye on this blog… We just might start asking you questions and…
By the racks…
Two cats blogging…
* Nat Decants: A thorough glossary from Natalie MacLean, noted wine writer, speaker, and judge.
* eRobertParker.com: “The Independent Consumer’s Guide to Fine Wines”
* GLOSSARY of Wine-Tasting Terminology (Version 1.4 – Jan. 1995): A thorough collection of definitions from Anthony Hawkins.