Ain’t they pretty… Each 750 ml of heaven… So what have we got???
- Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio (750 ml) 2 for $23. Regular price $13/bot
- Latitud 34 Cabernet Sauvignon (750 ml) 2 for $20. Regular $12
- St Hallett Faith Shiraz (750 ml) 2 for $30. Regular $18/bot
Ecco Domani is your nice reliable Pinot Grigio, it’s a dry white wine with clean and crisp finish.
Latutud 34 comes from Argentina. It’s a good inexpensive choice for people who prefer dry full bodied red wines.
St Hallett Faith Shiraz comes from Barossa Valley in Australia. It’s a full bodied Shiraz with intense notes of dark berries and long structured finish. And when I say “full bodied Shiraz” I actually mean that it’s a full bodied style of Shiraz. As you probably know Shiraz in general is not as dry and full bodied as say Cabernet or Merlot. But if you compare Faith Shiraz to mass produced yellow tails… Well, let me just say that it’s a much more “serious” wine of higher quality.
The red wines described above will benefit greatly from being breathed, especially Cabernet. Open the wine, pour it in a glass and let it sit for half an hour to 45 minutes.
And there you go… All you need for Monday… Are you prepared?
Ponchita by the racks…
* Nat Decants: A thorough glossary from Natalie MacLean, noted wine writer, speaker, and judge.
* eRobertParker.com: “The Independent Consumer’s Guide to Fine Wines”
* GLOSSARY of Wine-Tasting Terminology (Version 1.4 – Jan. 1995): A thorough collection of definitions from Anthony Hawkins.