Hey! Cisco the blogging cat here! Check out this puppy…
Yup, that’s an honest to gawd home-made loaf of gingerbread, and here’s how to make it…
* 1/2 cup white sugar (I used 1/4 c white sugar and 1/4 c dark brown sugar)
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 egg
* 1 cup molasses
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 2 teaspoons ground ginger
* 1/2+ teaspoon ground cloves
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup hot water
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a nine inch square pan (or comparable loaf pan)
2.) In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the egg, and mix in the molasses.
3.) In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Blend into the creamed mixture. Stir in the hot water. Pour into the prepared pan.
4.) Bake one hour in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan before serving.
But now what beer to accentuate? “Very simple!” this feline says – Sam Adams Boston Lager! In this miserable weather (sorry about blowing the forecast BTW), one needs a drink robust enough to warm the soul… Yeah, a Sams would do. (Geez Wally, you’d think a sale or a few contests would come in handy right about now…)
Now how about that?
As always, two cats blogging by the racks…
* Nat Decants: A thorough glossary from Natalie MacLean, noted wine writer, speaker, and judge.
* eRobertParker.com: “The Independent Consumer’s Guide to Fine Wines”
* GLOSSARY of Wine-Tasting Terminology (Version 1.4 – Jan. 1995): A thorough collection of definitions from Anthony Hawkins.