Hey! Cisco the HSS cat here…
Take a look at the keenest steak bomb the world has ever known…
Now, here’s the secret recipe, and don’t screw it up!
- 4 slices of shaved roast beef from the deli
- 1 slice of pastrami
- Sauteed onions and shrooms using real butter. Set aside.
- Use same pan, warm pulled-apart meats
- Add sauteed mushrooms and onions and mix
- Split a fresh Calise roll
- Toast roll under broiler until slightly brown
- Add sandwich fillings (and cheese if you want)
- Broil until done (one or two minutes)
- Season carefully with Tony Chachere’s
Mustard is a good topping, and a cold beer does wonders!
It’s a simple four-/five-serve concoction really, but there are a couple of “must-do’s” or the world will spin off its axis. First, never use canned mushroom! Instead, use fresh grocery store stuff. Next, only use white onions. (There will be no Commie onions in this mix!) Calise rolls are an absolute must as is Tony Chachere’s…
And that’s it. For about $2.50 you can have the finest sub ever to see the light of day.
Don’t ever say that this cat didn’t do you a huge favor!
Cooking by the racks…
Two cats blogging
P.S. Somebody needs to win that word search contest!
* Nat Decants: A thorough glossary from Natalie MacLean, noted wine writer, speaker, and judge.
* eRobertParker.com: “The Independent Consumer’s Guide to Fine Wines”
* GLOSSARY of Wine-Tasting Terminology (Version 1.4 – Jan. 1995): A thorough collection of definitions from Anthony Hawkins.