Cisco the HSST cat here,
Forget about what D.C. is telling you about no new taxes for folks making under $250k/year. What are you stupid? Prices have already gone up on beer (and who knows what else…) That’s like the promise of all those “shovel-ready jobs…” Wanna buy a bridge? One way or the other, Gov’ment is going to get you.
So… Maybe now is the time for all of us to start thinking about home brewing and home wine making to prep for down the road. (Da Gizz and I have been talking about this for years…) Maybe, just maybe, in the not too distant future, we’ll be headed to the Spirits Shoppe not just for the best beer or wine, but perhaps for the makings of the best beer or wine. (Remember, this is all in the “Hmmm…” stage.) Thoughts on that possibility (especially concerning beer…)
- Get into the Tao of brewing… Read that “kitchen cleanliness.” If your kitchen isn’t clean, all is for naught.
- Do your research… The Web is loaded with info… Beyond that, no soul is complete without Charlie Papazian’s “The Complete Joy of Home Brewing”. This book is everywhere including Amazon.
- Start collecting those 22 oz. re-cappable bottles, cleaning them, and stuffing the tops to keep the nasties out. Trust me… A brief cleaning later on is a wonderful thing.
Beyond that, only time will tell. Just know that Da Gizz and I will be looking out for you.
See you by those bubbling fermenters maybe…
Two cats blogging…
P.S. Word search contest…
* Nat Decants: A thorough glossary from Natalie MacLean, noted wine writer, speaker, and judge.
* eRobertParker.com: “The Independent Consumer’s Guide to Fine Wines”
* GLOSSARY of Wine-Tasting Terminology (Version 1.4 – Jan. 1995): A thorough collection of definitions from Anthony Hawkins.