Hello all, Ponchita here chatting with you tonight. Cisco is sleeping off his dinner stupor so I’m grabbing my opportunity to give all my adoring fans today’s news.
And today’s news is that we made a big tasty batch of spaghetti for supper tonight. It was a chilly day that was just begging for some comfort food, and there was the ground beef, and there were the tomatoes, and… voila!
Actually, it started with about 1 1/2 pounds of browned ground beef, to which this kitteh added one jar of Emeril LaGasse ‘s Tomato and Basil spaghetti sauce, one large can of mushroom pieces, one 15 oz. can of diced tomatos, and various and sundry herbs I keep hidden from Cisco (but not my catnip!!!). Let simmer for half an hour or so, add salt to taste, cook up some mouse tail pasta, and you have a feast worthy of two cats who live in a liquor store!
See what I mean?
Let me tell you, friends, that was one delicious dinner! We got some crusty bread from the bakery to clean up the sauce left in the bowl (we may be cats, but we’re far too refined to stoop to licking the bowl!) If you’re human, you could add a green salad for a well-rounded meal, plus a good bottle of red wine, but since we’re cats, and cats are obligate carnivores, we skipped the salad, and chose a well-aged can of beer as our beverage of choice. Or at least Cisco did; the bubbles get up my nose and make me sneeze!
Anyhoo (oh, how I hate it when Cisco says that!), that’s what happened today. The really great thing is there are lots of leftovers. I smell spaghetti for tomorrow’s dinner, too! Hurray!
Best wishes to all my adoring fans,
* Nat Decants: A thorough glossary from Natalie MacLean, noted wine writer, speaker, and judge.
* eRobertParker.com: “The Independent Consumer’s Guide to Fine Wines”
* GLOSSARY of Wine-Tasting Terminology (Version 1.4 – Jan. 1995): A thorough collection of definitions from Anthony Hawkins.
* ratebeer: Now that’s a straightforward name!
* beer-pages: Roger Protz and Tom Cannavan say that “it’s all about beer”.
* alphaDictionary.com: A fine collection of Beer dictionaries.