UPDATE! CONTEST CLOSED! WE HAVE A WINNER!!! Cisco da HSS cat here…
Time for another contest! This one is based on the old word search standard, but, there are two hurdles! First, you have to find the appropriate words. And secondly, you have to show Bruce where the words lie in the puzzle. Let’s start with the puzzle itself…
There, now that doesn’t look so bad does it? All you need to do is find ten of the eleven stand-alone words in there that contain five or more letters. About those words… The following types don’t count:
- Insulting (we decide)
- Hyphenated words
- Wanna-be words like “winer”, and “remet”
- Contractions or possessives
Alrighty then… How are you going to show this old cat where you actually found the words? (That’s the second hurdle!) Here’s how… You’re going to execute a “print screen” and do a bit of “PhotoShop” or “Paint Brush” to show us your words in circles or by arrows. Here’s an example… (Too bad three- and four-letter words don’t count!)
(And yes, “scat” is a word… It’s a jazz art form perfected by Ella.)
Or, if you want, you can even print the puzzle out on paper, solve the old-fashioned way with a pencil, and take a picture or make a scan…
But no matter what, the winner must send us a list of ten of the eleven words along with a .JPG image showing the location of the words! And the place to send??? Da Gizz of course! email@example.com… You can’t win if you don’t send the list and the image to Ga Gizz via email! Don’t be afraid to comment here and mock the world because you were the first to respond correctly. (Just don’t give away your answers!)
Other annoying details:
* You must be 21 years of age or older to enter.
* Only answers submitted to Bruce’s (Da Gizz’) email are allowed.
* Prizes will take the form of either a “Bruce’s Wine Pick” (an apx. $25 – $30 value), or a $25 (or $30) HSS gift certificate. Sorry, but we can’t ship the wine, so you’ll have to either pick it up or we can we can mail you the certificate. Certificates are only good for beer and wine.
* Employees and their immediate families* are ineligible.
* The contest/puzzle isn’t open to those who won within the last 30 days. Watch your calendar!
* Bruce reserves the right to change the rules as appropriate to each contest. (e.g. one contest may be a “first correct answer wins” type and another may involve a pool drawing of correct answers.) Our call. In this case, the contest is ongoing… First correct answer wins.
* The judges’ decisions are final.
So that’s about it…
Two cats word searching by the racks,
P.S… A HA! I knew you couldn’t take the strain! You’ve got to know how you can win the $30 certificate instead of the $25! Simple… Find all eleven (or more) legitimate words in the puzzle including a type of old carving tool. (And yes, the tool name consists of 5 or more characters.) But be careful… While you are searching for the 11th word and your $30, someone else may come up with the ten words and take the prize right out from under your nose!!!
* Nat Decants: A thorough glossary from Natalie MacLean, noted wine writer, speaker, and judge.
* eRobertParker.com: “The Independent Consumer’s Guide to Fine Wines”
* GLOSSARY of Wine-Tasting Terminology (Version 1.4 – Jan. 1995): A thorough collection of definitions from Anthony Hawkins.