UPDATE: ASTRONOMY CONTEST CLOSED… WE HAVE A WINNER!
Hey, Cisco, the HSS blogging cat here…
First things first… The “Add Up Whole Numbers Starting with One and Keep Going Until the Sum Equals 5,778” Contest is over. Roby Whitehouse came up with the correct final digit in the series (107), and hence is our winner. Roby, either contact me, or stop by the Harwich Spirits Shoppe and claim your prize. That’s $25 worth of quality wine and/or beer…
Onward… Well, the BBQ went off without a hitch, though it was sparsely populated… Your loss…
There were free burgers, pot salad, cake… All there for the taking… As I said, your loss…
But what about that next contest??? There’s yet another $25 worth of HSS beer and wine hanging in the lurch… (Contests like these have their pitfalls – we can’t make them “Google Easy”, but then again we can’t make them impossible. The yet unsolved anagram contest was a good one… Hmmm…)
OK… How about this? What star is roughly 26,220,000,000,000 miles away from us? Hint! It’s a lot easier to find a reliable answer if you work in light years vs. miles. Now, here are the rules…
*You must be 21 years of age or older to enter.
* Only answers submitted on this blog as comments are allowed.
* Prizes will take the form of either a “Bruce’s Wine Pick” (an apx. $25 value), or a $25 HSS gift certificate. Sorry, but we can’t ship the wine, so you’ll have to either pick it up or we can we can mail you the certificate. Certificates are only good for beer and wine.
* Employees and their immediate families* are ineligible.
* Bruce reserves the right to change the rules as appropriate to each contest. (e.g. one contest may be a “first correct answer wins” type and another may involve a pool drawing of correct answers.) Our call. In this case, the contest is ongoing… First correct answer wins.
* The judges’ decisions are final.
There… That ought to keep you busy! Just keep in mind that after our most recent contest, readership is up… You have competition!
Two cats blogging by the racks…
* Nat Decants: A thorough glossary from Natalie MacLean, noted wine writer, speaker, and judge.
* eRobertParker.com: “The Independent Consumer’s Guide to Fine Wines”
* GLOSSARY of Wine-Tasting Terminology (Version 1.4 – Jan. 1995): A thorough collection of definitions from Anthony Hawkins.