Cisco the HSST cat here… Let’s see if we can’t get a tune into your head that just will not cease and desist.
Now that we’ve tangled the synapses, it’s time to take a quick look at the local beverages…
- Nothing says “Cape Cod beer” like Cape Cod Beer. Granted, it only comes in big bottles (growlers), and it’s not pasteurized so you’ve got to keep it cold, but it lives up to its name. We carry Red, IPA, and Beach Blond. And, you can access their FaceBook site via our FaceBook site.
- In the mood for wine? Try Truro Vineyards? This was one of our vineyard choices for a great Summer wine.
Currently we have: Cabernet Franc, Chardonnay, Unoaked Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Cape Blush, Diamond Light, Cranberry Light. The last two come in lighthouse-shaped bottles and are very popular among tourists.
- But what of the islands? Well, how about beer from Nantucket in the form of Cisco Brewers? These come in “big-ish” singles and 6 packs. This is another great local beer! Currently we have Grey Lady (a “hefeweizen”, or unfiltered wheat beer), Whale’s Tale Pale Ale and Sankaty Light.
- Winding down… Who can forget our old standard, Mayflower Brewing?
And last but not least, Lena’s favorite all-around Summer wine… Ta-dah! Whitehaven Sauvignon Blanc. It’s a good example of a New Zealand Sauv. Blanc – crispy with good acidity, and a touch of citrus. It goes well with fish, chicken, cheese and crackers or you can just drink by itself. $20/bottle…
‘Til next time, it’s summ summ summertime by the racks,
Two cats blogging,
P.S. Of course I didn’t forget about Cape Wind! Did you?
* Nat Decants: A thorough glossary from Natalie MacLean, noted wine writer, speaker, and judge.
* eRobertParker.com: “The Independent Consumer’s Guide to Fine Wines”
* GLOSSARY of Wine-Tasting Terminology (Version 1.4 – Jan. 1995): A thorough collection of definitions from Anthony Hawkins.