Since state law requires that all liquor stores close on Memorial Day, let’s have a different kind of fun outside the store instead.
On Monday, 5/31, we’ll be holding a big yard sale at the shop. Anyone can set up a table and sell whatever junk, excuse me, I mean treasures you’d like to get rid of. There will be plenty of space for vendor tables in front of, beside, and behind the store. Here’s the skinny:
- Sale will run from 8:00a.m. until 3:00-ish.
- Table space is $10–but you have to bring your own table (max. table size is 4′ x 8′). Each vendor will manage his/her own table, including merchandise and money.
- Bring some pot luck to share with other vendors and your buyers.
- If you have a large item to sell (car, boat, trailer), it will be displayed behind the shop.
- Ads will run in local papers (such as the Chronicle) and on Craigslist promoting the sale, so there should be plenty of buyers.
- We will also have raffles, contests, and give-aways throughout the day. (And be sure to stay tuned to this blog for updates!)
- To reserve a table, call 508-432-3333.
This will be a great way to kick off the summer season here in Harwich Port. We hope you’ll join us. Panchita (the other Harwich Spirits Shoppe cat) and I will, of course, be supervising the whole thing from the front store window.
See you outside the wine racks!
Two cats blogging
* Nat Decants: A thorough glossary from Natalie MacLean, noted wine writer, speaker, and judge.
* eRobertParker.com: “The Independent Consumer’s Guide to Fine Wines”
* GLOSSARY of Wine-Tasting Terminology (Version 1.4 – Jan. 1995): A thorough collection of definitions from Anthony Hawkins.