Man, what a blow out… I mean, man, what a blow out! If you didn’t take part in this “Count the Corks Contest“, you simply missed a truly “small-town American” celebration. Seriously, putting the pecuniary aside, it was a wonderful collection of folks. (Pictures to follow immediatamente!) And if you haven’t checked out the merchant/contributors, you really should. Here they are again:
- Sea cruise on Schooner Tyrone – $500 value
- George’s Place Fish Market and Food Court – $50 gift certificate
- E.R. Lilley/820 Main Street Gallery – $80 framed painting
- True Value Hardware – $25 gift certificate
- Cape Cod Lavender Farm candle – $18 value
- Hot Stove Saloon – $50 gift certificate
- George’s Pizza – $25 gift certificate
- Harwich Junior Theatre – gift certificate for two to the Broadway Musical…”25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee”
- Pampered Kitty – $8 Kitty Kicker
- Gardens by the Sea – $175 in landscaping consulting value
- Dr. Gravity’s Kite Shop – two garden spinners $69
- Harwich Spirits Shoppe – $300 in stuff
- 7 South Antiques – $150 in two antique pieces
- Cape Cod Bear Factory – $30 gift certificate
- Cranberry Jewelers – Several pieces worth $100
- Harwich Port Getty – $150 in select repair work
- Cape Sea Grille – $25 gift certificate
- Port O’ Call Gift Shop – $25 gift certificate
- Malley Designs – $25 gift certificate
- The Port Restaurant/Embers Pizza – $25 gift certificate
- Mayflower Brewing Co. – $200 in gifts including a twelve-person tour of their brewery in Plymouth, beer glasses given away with six-packs, and very nice key rings/bottle openers
- Alterations Unlimited – $50 gift certificate
Right now, we’re plodding through the winners (the total cork count was 774), so we’ll be officially announcing the lucky pups pronto. (Da Gizz has a list, but us cats are meticulous! We have to cross our T’s and dot our I’s. If you want the Gizz Report on the winners, just call 508.430.000 and give Bruce “The Word”! Otherwise, he’ll either be calling or emailing you.)
Anywho, it’s been an awesome day… Yours truly got to talk with Shashi, Kerry, Glen, Jimbo, Biff, Chris, Frank, Jack, and the kindly folks from Mayflower Brewing… (And that’s just a tiny sample of the crowd that attended this blast.)
For these two cats at least, it’s been a fantastic day… See you by the racks!
P.S. The turnout was really heartwarming (and quite frankly a little overwhelming), and the leftovers are great! So come on board and bring your dory!!! Ummm… Did I mention that we’d like to borrow a broom?
* Nat Decants: A thorough glossary from Natalie MacLean, noted wine writer, speaker, and judge.
* eRobertParker.com: “The Independent Consumer’s Guide to Fine Wines”
* GLOSSARY of Wine-Tasting Terminology (Version 1.4 – Jan. 1995): A thorough collection of definitions from Anthony Hawkins.