Wow, it all started with a simple idea for a contest! Guess the number of corks in the big jug by the door, and the one whose guess comes closest, wins a prize from Da Gizz. Here’s the jug (with Biff as a size reference…)
Well, things have just spiraled out of control since then! With over $2,000 in prizes from 22 local merchants, this contest is cooking! And it will all come to fruition on Valentine’s Day, at 3pm with a big blow-out at our own humble abode, Harwich Spirits Shoppe, home of the Two Blogging Cats.
There will be wine and beer tasting, pot luck treats, door prizes for everyone, and the Official Counting of the Corks! All prizes will be distributed, and the decisions of the judge (Da Gizz) will be final.
This event will be streamed live over the internet worldwide. So if you can’t attend in person, at least you can still take part!
Just take a gander at the swag you could scoop up if you enter:
- Sea cruise on Schooner Tyrone – $500 value
- George’s Place Fish Market and Food Court – $50 gift certificate
- E.R. Lilley/820 Main Street Gallery – $80 framed painting
- True Value Hardware – $25 gift certificate
- Cape Cod Lavender Farm candle – $18 value
- Hot Stove Saloon – $50 gift certificate
- George’s Pizza – $25 gift certificate
- Harwich Junior Theatre – gift certificate for two to the Broadway Musical…”25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee”
- Pampered Kitty – $8 Kitty Kicker
- Gardens by the Sea – $175 in landscaping consulting value
- Dr. Gravity’s Kite Shop – two garden spinners $69
- Harwich Spirits Shoppe – $300 in stuff
- 7 South Antiques – $150 in two antique pieces
- Cape Cod Bear Factory – $30 gift certificate
- Cranberry Jewelers – Several pieces worth $100
- Harwich Port Getty – $150 in select repair work
- Cape Sea Grille – $25 gift certificate
- Port O’ Call Gift Shop – $25 gift certificate
- Malley Designs – $25 gift certificate
- The Port Restaurant/Embers Pizza – $25 gift certificate
- Mayflower Brewing Co. – $200 in gifts including a twelve-person tour of their brewery in Plymouth, beer glasses given away with six-packs, and very nice key rings/bottle openers
- Alterations Unlimited – $50 gift certificate
Sooo… If you haven’t guessed the cork count yet, get hopping and leave a comment below with your guess… Valentine’s Day waits for no soul!
Who’d a thought that this was all caused by Ponch and Cisco…
Two Cats Blogging
* Nat Decants: A thorough glossary from Natalie MacLean, noted wine writer, speaker, and judge.
* eRobertParker.com: “The Independent Consumer’s Guide to Fine Wines”
* GLOSSARY of Wine-Tasting Terminology (Version 1.4 – Jan. 1995): A thorough collection of definitions from Anthony Hawkins.