I awoke earlier than usual this morning with some weird dread upon me. It was as if (to borrow from Emily Dickinson) I waked, to find it first awake… Bruce (Da Gizz) had done something, but I knew not what. But there hovered brethren cat Ponchita, eyes red and swollen, her little kitty lips trembling.
“Now what did he do?” I moaned.
“He…” wimpered Ponchita.
“He what?!?” my anger rising.
“Oh Cisco!” Ponchita burst out… “Da Gizz has started a series of tutorials!”
I sat there numb. The news simply scattered the chickens of my mind. I tried to maintain some sort of feline decorum…
Quietly and slowly, I asked, “Ponchita, what kind of tutorial is Bruce producing, and where is he producing it?” (Knowing Bruce, it could be anything from rock gardening to nuclear fusion.)
“Here,”, she cried as she thrust a screen shot of this very blog before me…
“There it is circled in red,” She continued… “Now look down to your right and you’ll see the real thing. And it’s not just on this post… It’s on every Harwich Spirits Shoppe Talk post! It’s right on this very blog.”
“How bad,” I asked.
“Not too…” she sniffled.
(Ponchita would later admit that the actual tutorial content was excellent… It was just that the delivery system (Bruce) was … ummm … different.)
In any event… There you have it… The beginning of a frightening collection of tutorials (mostly about wine) free for the taking right there on your right.
And with that, dear diary, I think I’ll put on some Tom Waits and try to get back to sleep,
See you by the racks,
Two cats blogging
* Nat Decants: A thorough glossary from Natalie MacLean, noted wine writer, speaker, and judge.
* eRobertParker.com: “The Independent Consumer’s Guide to Fine Wines”
* GLOSSARY of Wine-Tasting Terminology (Version 1.4 – Jan. 1995): A thorough collection of definitions from Anthony Hawkins.
* ratebeer: Now that’s a straightforward name!
* beer-pages: Roger Protz and Tom Cannavan say that “it’s all about beer”.
* alphaDictionary.com: A fine collection of Beer dictionaries.