That’s it! That’s it!!! We’ve lost our collective minds… Somehow Da Gizz has got yet more prizes… Look, we’re just two “store cats”, but we know insanity when we see it. Check out the latest:
First, there’s the grand daddy of all prizes, a two hour sail for six guests aboard the schooner “Tyrone“… Wow! Just look at her…
OK, being a hack boat builder and moderator for two boat-building forums, I can step out of the usual and speak with some degree of authority on this one… The boat above was designed by none other than Sam Crocker. She is without a hint of a shadow of a doubt an American masterpiece. Think of it as the boating version of Ella Fitzgerald… Just to touch her is worth the $500, let alone a two hour adventure for six… Tell you what, if you don’t win or even enter the contest… So what!?! Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and get your butt on board. For me at least, boats like that are life changing events. No kidding.
Alrighty then, back to that contest…
The Cape Sea Grille has ponied up a $25 gift certificate. Very nice.
Ditto for Malley Designs with yet another $25 gift certificate…
What’s that? You don’t like free contests? OK… Put the contest aside. But speaking as a cat who’s been on Cape Cod in one way, shape, or form since 1958, I’m telling you that the merchants who are offering these prizes bring serious game. These businesses are rife with value.
And what are the other prizes??? Well…
- First off, the Harwich Spirits Shoppe is chipping in roughly $300 worth of stuff
- George’s Place Fish Market and Food Court: (2) clambakes to go (a $50 value) which boils down to:
- (2) 1&1/4 lb lobstas
- (2) 1lb batches of steamers
- (2) cups clam chowdah
- E.R. Lilley and their 820 Main Street Gallery are contributing “Water Lily”, a framed 11×14 giclee fine arts print on canvas… an $80 value
- A merchandise gift certificate to the Port-O-Call Gift House, located on the corner of South Street and Rt 28
- True Value Hardware Store $25 gift certificate
- Not to be out done, the Pampered Kitty is kicking in an $8 Kitty Kicker
- Cape Cod Lavender Farm is adding their Lavender Scented Pure Soy Candle – an $18.00 value
- Want a great sports pub? Ron at the Hot Stove is tossing in a $50 gift certificate. Semper Paratus Ron!
- George’s Pizza House is providing a $25 gift certificate
- 7 South Antiques is offering two beautiful pieces worth $150
- Wanna build a bear? Win this $30 certificate from the Cape Cod Bear Factory
- Cranberry Jewelry is presenting multiple pieces totaling $100
- Let’s not forget Harwichport Getty, who will ante up $150 worth of selected repair work
All you have to do is leave a comment with your guess as to the number of corks are in the bottle…
And as if the contest wasn’t enough… This whole idea of a pot-luck block party set for the cork counting date of the afternoon of Feb. 14, Valentine’s Day is going crazy as well. Just show up and bring some food. Heck, everybody through the door gets a prize of some sort. (And it ain’t crap either!)
Look, we cats have got to sign off before Da Gizz catches us using the computer again. (He’ll never figure out how we cracked his passwords… Hehehe…)
But there’s more coming… And you won’t believe it!
Two cats blogging right by those racks
* Nat Decants: A thorough glossary from Natalie MacLean, noted wine writer, speaker, and judge.
* eRobertParker.com: “The Independent Consumer’s Guide to Fine Wines”
* GLOSSARY of Wine-Tasting Terminology (Version 1.4 – Jan. 1995): A thorough collection of definitions from Anthony Hawkins.