I’m telling you Ponchita, this Cork Counting Contest is exploding in our faces… How tough can it be to guess the number of corks in the jug below? (Keep in mind that the vessel is almost full now.)
And look at this! Here’s the latest updated list of prizes:
- First off, the Harwich Spirits Shoppe is chipping in roughly $300 worth of stuff
- George’s Place Fish Market and Food Court: (2) clambakes to go (a $50 value) which boils down to:
- (2) 1&1/4 lb lobstas
- (2) 1lb batches of steamers
- (2) cups clam chowdah
- E.R. Lilley and their 820 Main Street Gallery are contributing “Water Lily”, a framed 11×14 giclee fine arts print on canvas… an $80 value
- A merchandise gift certificate to the Port-O-Call Gift House, located on the corner of South Street and Rt 28
- True Value Hardware Store $25 gift certificate
- Not to be out done, the Pampered Kitty is kicking in an $8 Kitty Kicker
- Cape Cod Lavender Farm is adding their Lavender Scented Pure Soy Candle – an $18.00 value
- Want a great sports pub? Ron at the Hot Stove is tossing in a $50 gift certificate. Semper Paratus Ron!
- George’s Pizza House is providing a $25 gift certificate
- 7 South Antiques is offering two beautiful pieces worth $150
- Wanna build a bear? Win this $30 certificate from the Cape Cod Bear Factory
- Cranberry Jewelry is presenting multiple pieces totaling $100
- Let’s not forget Harwichport Getty, who will ante up $150 worth of selected repair work
Whew! That’s over $950 and climbing. This contest is taking a life of its own, and all the local merchants are jumping in… You the reader might want to jump in as well… All you need to do is guess the number of corks in da bottle and send a comment with your prognostication to this blog. But don’t dally… The contest ends Sunday, Valentine’s Day! (Rumor has it that the Harwich Spirits Shoppe party and cork counting begins on Feb 14, 3pm… There will be wine tasting, food, and who knows what…)
See you by the wine racks and that all important collection of corks!
Two cats blogging,
P.S. On a separate and more serious note, recently, the Harwich Board of Health conducted one of its ongoing tests to see what stores are providing accessibility of tobacco to minors… Once again, Harwich Spirits Shoppe passed with flying colors! Unfortunately, 11 of the other 22 businesses tested failed.
* Nat Decants: A thorough glossary from Natalie MacLean, noted wine writer, speaker, and judge.
* eRobertParker.com: “The Independent Consumer’s Guide to Fine Wines”
* GLOSSARY of Wine-Tasting Terminology (Version 1.4 – Jan. 1995): A thorough collection of definitions from Anthony Hawkins.