One of the joys of starting a new blog like this is establishing a reference page – that is setting up a series of links that will help the reader more thoroughly understand the beer and wine experience. (Down the road, we may expand this to include the harder liquors.) Further, going forward, those references will always be placed at the bottom of each post so that you don’t have to go looking for them. So, without too much fanfare, let’s see if we can’t build up a nice jumping off point for the aficionado and the want-to-be aficionado.
- Nat Decants: A thorough glossary from Natalie MacLean, noted wine writer, speaker, and judge.
- eRobertParker.com: “The Independent Consumer’s Guide to Fine Wines”
- GLOSSARY of Wine-Tasting Terminology (Version 1.4 – Jan. 1995): A thorough collection of definitions from Anthony Hawkins.
- ratebeer: Now that’s a straightforward name!
- beer-pages: Roger Protz and Tom Cannavan say that “it’s all about beer”.
- alphaDictionary.com: A fine collection of Beer dictionaries.
Well, that should keep you busy for a while. And should you see another good reference source, speak up!
See you by the racks,
Bruce et al